Thursday, March 22, 2007

Random Ramblings...


For the past few months I have been in a ‘funk’ realizing that time marches on...and things aren’t the way they used to be. At 26 you would think I wouldn’t be having thoughts of getting old...I guess my mid-life crisis just came a little early. Call it fear, call it anxiety, call it nostalgia, call it what you will...I am just ready to be over it! Yes, Christians have emotions and experience ‘funks’ too. Whoever said following Jesus Christ was easy, obviously wasn’t following Him!

So I found myself feeling a little nostalgic tonight going through old pictures on my computer. As I was re-living memories that each picture conjured up I realized...isn’t God good? Okay, okay...we have been told that since we were little, “God is good, God is great”, but think about how good God really is. I may not be a millionaire (or a thousandaire....barely a hundredaire!) but I have everything I could ever need.

I have my salvation. No one can ever steal that from me.

I have my health. If I lose that, this body is only temporary.

I have a wife who is beautiful both inside and out. (I dare you to mess with her!)

I have a family who supports me and loves me regardless of what I do. Christian parents who have brought me up the way I am and in-laws who have accepted me as their family.

I have a shelter. I have food. I have transportation. I have a cat.

God is good. REAL good.

When I was young I wanted to be an artist when I grew up. Now I find myself doing graphic design for all kinds of people and organizations.

When I was young I wanted to work for Walt Disney World when I grew up, now our company helps find entertainment for WDW so in a round about way I do.

When I was young I wanted to be a race car driver when I grew up, now I travel as a chaplain with a NASCAR regional series.

When I was young I wanted to marry my “Cinderella” and live in a fairy tale...have you seen Michelle...goodness!

God is good. REAL good.

So Kyle, get out of your funk. Your past was bright, but your future is much brighter. It’s okay to remember the past, but for goodness sakes boy, don’t live in it! Sure, the things on this earth are temporal. But the things that matter, Jesus Christ, my beautiful wife, my loving family, my supportive friends, they will last an eternity. Because when the earth has faded away, we will still all be rejoicing together.

So am I better now? Not totally...but it sure does help to think about how good God is. Real good.

Kyle

No comments: