Monday, September 3, 2007

Ace Speedway :: DMC Auto Exchange 150



Today we were at race two of our double-header weekend at Ace Speedway in Elon, NC.

After using yesterday to regroup from our 13 hours at Martinsville we headed to the track ready to be at it again! We made it to Ace just after 11:00 AM as our teams were unloading and beginning to prepare for practice. Once we settled in Michelle grabbed the letters and I grabbed the tape and off we went to post our second devotional for the weekend.

Being that today is Labor Day, in today's devotional I shared from the wisdom of King Solomon and his thoughts in finding joy in our toil on earth. Later in the day I had a crew member stop us and thank us for the devotionals at the track...and that he always looked forward to reading them. That really blessed us to hear.

The day was a lot more relaxed that Saturday and Michelle and I just hung out for the post part, and found various conversations as the day rolled through.

We were the third race on the schedule this evening, so during one of Ace's preliminary races I began to walk through the infield praying with each driver as the prepared to get strapped in. This is always one of my favorite times of ministry at the track...and I also believe it is one of the most meaningful times to the drivers.

Tonights race was much cleaner than Saturday's as we ran 150 laps with only one caution for a single car spin. Everyone was able to roll their cars onto their haulers in one piece!

I did learn a valuable lesson tonight. When you are attempting to congratulate a driver in victory lane wait until after the celebrating is complete! I found myself in the midst of a cola and Gatorade shower! Live and learn!

Tomorrow we return home to TN...and I must say with all of the miles we have logged over the course of the past two years it is by God's gracious hand that we have never experienced any troubles on the highways.

We'll be home for a few short days before we saddle up and head back east to Caraway Speedway for next Saturday's race.

No comments: