Saturday, July 12, 2008

Welcome Micah...!





Well...Micah is here. He decided to make his grand entrance about a month ahead of time, and are we ever glad he did. Our beautiful baby Micah is here.

My wonderful wife Michelle did an amazing job. She did not get nervous, she was not timid, she was stoic throughout the morning despite having to have a c-section. This new little human was being delivered as a healthy baby because of Michelle's care and nurture of him over the past nine months.

I'm also thankful for my parents and Michelle's parents who instilled in us the values and life lessons that brought us to this monumental day.

As I look at my new little boy, I swell up with so many different emotions. Right now he is so pure and innocent. He hasn't been contaminated by society as we know it. He is a perfect image of God's beautiful creation. I wish I could keep him this way, in his pure form, but I know he has to grow up...just like we had to grow up, and our parents had to grow up, and their parents had to grow up.

It is now up to Michelle and I to take care of him, and nuture him. To instill in him the same values and life lessons that our parents did in us. To raise him in a way that he is able to see and choose Jesus Christ as his savior as he grows.

My heart already breaks at how fast I know he will grow up, because I grew up to fast. We all do. But as we grow, so does our faith and so do our relationships...that is what makes life beautiful.

I have a lot to learn. I can't change diapers and I don't know how to care for a baby. But I will learn. Just like Micah will learn to grow into a man.

I look at life differently now. I cherish what Michelle has done for this little baby. I cherish how her mom and dad raised her. I cherish how my parents raised me. I appreciate the bonds that they built as parents to their children and only hope to accomplish the same with little Micah. I cherish brothers and sisters who make families so rich.

Life is a little different now. I wish I could stay locked in today, July 12, 2008. I can't. But life will be richer as Micah grows older.

Blessings

2 comments:

Missy TD said...

WOW! We are all so happy for you both - or three! Your reflections are precious. Be sure to save your notes for Micah to read as he's older! Blessings!
Missy deS.
PS You WILL learn to change diapers...quickly!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is INCREDIBLE. Upon first seeing him I was absolutely speechless and the only thing I could muester... were tears of joy.

Kyle, Michelle and Micah - I LOVE You very much!!!

ps: I know that we are to be humble, but, words cannot express how extremely proud I am of both of you...